Nostalgia Day 24: Vintage Battery Operated Vehicles

October 24, 2012
Today on Day 24 of my 31 Days of Nostalgia Series, I am pulling out a couple of vintage battery operated vehicles from my childhood home. These were before remote control!

Here is the Marx Chug Chug Express, an all metal battery operated train engine with two delightful little vintage passengers.  


When the batteries are installed in the red controller, one button controls the engine forward and one backwards, but you must follow along as the green cord is not too long.


It's in "played with" condition, but a fun collectible.


Speaking of fun, how about this battery operated vintage car from Marusan Kosuge, Japan?  

I think it would be fun to have the life size version of this vehicle to cruise around in. 



This car is in excellent condition.  Not really "played with".  

I hope you are enjoying my "Nostalgia Series"!  I am enjoying sharing my collections.


vif187
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. Hi Carlene,
    Just look at those wonderful old toys. I can remember when everything was battery operated...I am feeling very old right now!
    Your little red train and turquoise sedan are a delight and such special treasures.
    Thank you for you kind comment on my blog, Carlene.
    Blessings on you this gorgeous Autumn day,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are neat. That blue car has a great shape to it. I'm sure you're not old enough for those to be from your childhood home though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet memories of your toys...I only have two, nostalgic possessions that were once mine. My Madame Alexander Doll I keep on display and an old tiger. No batteries included w/them!
    Thank you for stopping by w/a comment on my fall mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never had any of these that I remember, but I bet they were quite the treasure in their day as I'm sure they are now to you as well. I can just imagine a little kid following it around having a blast!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your wonderful old toys! Wish I would have saved a few old things from my childhood! Good old toys are hard to come across now.

    sandy`

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very cool! I don't remember these but I like them!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both Carlene!I have a collection of old toys. That car is too cool. The color is grand! Fun series. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful battery operated toys. I love antiques, great finds!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course, child at heart that I am, I'm so envious of your fun old toys! You better keep your doors locked at night. I'm not that far away. :@

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute Carlene!! Love, love that car. I'd be riding around with you in there! Too much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun collection of cuties. Love the aqua car!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm almost jumping up and down. Those are absolutely wonderful! I bet they have some value. I love both of them. I'm so glad you still have them, and they look like they are in wonderful condition. Have a good weekend. laurie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.