Salvaged Wood & Jewelry Christmas Tree Ornaments

December 14, 2014
Brooch & Wood Ornament by timewashed.com
I recently pinned and was inspired by this salvaged brooch and wood ornament  by timewashed.com.

I remembered that I had a somewhat dated, framed jewelry tree on blue velvet from my neighbors, so I pulled it out of the garage.


I cut four rectangular ornaments out of a weathered, chippy piece of wood siding. My rectangles are about 2 1/2" wide by 5 1/4" long.  If the ornaments were any larger, I think they could become too heavy for the tree branches. I decided to brush on one coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in "Cream", and added my steel wool & vinegar stain to the freshly sawed edges.  I  then distressed the fresh paint and waxed the rectangles with clear wax.

Vintage Earring & Salvaged Wood Ornament www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Most of the jewels on the old framed tree were sparkly vintage earrings.  I glued them on with E6000, and let them dry overnight.  Then I ripped strips of cotton muslin for the hangers, and also for a bow.

Vintage Earring & Salvaged Wood Ornament www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
Another one of my salvaged ornaments.

Vintage Earring & Salvaged Wood Ornament www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This crown was really a cool piece even though it was missing a few jewels.

Vintage Jewelry & Salvaged Wood Angel Ornament www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
This "Angel" ornament came about by kind of by accident while I was arranging jewels on the boards.

Vintage Jewelry & Salvaged Wood Ornaments www.organizedclutterqueen.blogspot.com
More easy & inexpensive Christmas tree ornament ideas from Organized Clutter!













 
Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. i love what you did with the salvage wood and jewelry pieces! just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing...these are adorable...Want to do something with mother's old jewelry pieces and I think this will be great little gifts for me to do up for the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous..
    Blessings,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea........thanks for the inspiration!
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so cute!! Love the sweet angel one! Christmas blessings, xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful Carlene! I pinned, I HAVE to make some of these for my tree next year!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you see the big smile on my face? These are gorgeous, I love them all. I'm loving that framed tree too, but I can see how it needed to be updated. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I hopped over from Vintage Inspiration--love these ornaments! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.