Up-cycled Thrift Shop Decor

January 23, 2015
My thrift shop up-cycle for today begins with this jug hanging plaque.  I think it is a reproduction of an apple cider jug.  It has a metal neck and the rest of the jug is covered in a basket type material.  The Harvest picture is a decal.  I paid $1.


First I peeled off the decal.  It took water, fingernails and some elbow grease!

Next I painted the basket with flat black paint.

I brushed on two coats of Annie Sloan in Pure White.

I distressed the piece with sandpaper and added a label with the Mod Podge image transfer method.

I borrowed this label from Be Bound Blog.


Thrift Shop Upcycle with Chalk Paint & Image Transfer www.organizedclutter.net

I borrowed a lavender tag from The Graphics Fairy.

Thrift Shop Upcycle with Chalk Paint & Image Transfer www.organizedclutter.net
I added the little lavender tag to the wire with a miniature clothes pin.

Thrift Shop Upcycle with Chalk Paint & Image Transfer www.organizedclutter.net
Here is my finished project!  It has a hook on the back for hanging or it also stands.


More easy and inexpensive thrift shop decor from Organized Clutter.




Thanks for reading my blog, Carlene

Sharing is caring

Receive my Posts and Newsletters to your Email


Comment with Facebook

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, that turned out so pretty! I love it!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! I get excited when I see that you've posted something new!
    It's always so much fun to see your makeovers.
    This piece have a French vibe!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Great job on the up-cycle, Carlene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute piece made even better with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how it turned out...so pretty!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whaaaaat! Unbelievable - so cute. I just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your vision with this project.... It turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a wonderful idea, Carlene. The bottle turned out great,
    Your new header is fabulous!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Esto es increíblemente impresionante! Gran idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I respond to most comments by email unless anonymous or no reply blogger. I also have a facebook comment box.
By leaving a comment you are consenting to your email being collected for communication purposes only. Your privacy is important to me.